Igor Tandetnik wrote:
> John Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Without looking up my code I recollect being able to pick up the
>>connection pointer from the context and to continue accessing the DB.
>

> But that's not what the OP is asking. He wants the function to pick up
> values from the current row it is being called for, without passing said
> values as parameters.
>
> Yes, it's easy to pass some static information, such as a connection
> pointer, to the custom function at the time it's registered. That's what
> the context is for, after all.
>
> Igor Tandetnik

I understood what he wanted but pointed out that the Sqlite context
holds the connection details.  We use that to permit a function to
continue to access the database, specifically to read and execute
scripts stored in the DB.  The major use is to build a knowledge base by
storing fairly complex rules dynamically.  Accessing the current row is
the simplest case.