On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 07:50:23PM -0400, Igor Tandetnik wrote:

> > although not always I want
> > to fetch all that data. Sometimes I would just to count it.
>
> Don't call sqlite3_column_*. Just call sqlite3_step in a loop. But
> again, if you want to get a count of records, you are unlikely to be
> able to do any better than a statement using count().

I've got a feeling, you know very good SQLite's internals. How do you think:
is it technically possible to implement much faster searching routine for
all the LIKE queries?

I'm asking, because I've got no idea presently, whether (or not) the limit
is just the storage ("flat database file"). So, perhaps supposed different
one's own procedure has to do about the same, as the built-in, and it'll
take about the same time? I mean: perhaps different approach to the subject
is just not possible just because of the limits forced by the storage?
--
                                pozdrawiam / regards

                                                Zbigniew Baniewski