On Jan 19, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Tuan Hoang wrote:

> Tuan Hoang wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've been back-porting SQLite 3.x to CentOS 4.7 for some
>> development work.  I've been taking the SRPMS from
>> koji.fedoraproject.org and rebuilding them.
>> All has been fine through v3.6.7 but when I tried to recently
>> upgrade to 3.6.10 (by just updating the SPEC file and rebuilding),
>> the YUM updater no longer works.  In particular the python-sqlite
>> package exits with an error when it tries to read it's cache file
>> (I assume that it's a SQLite DB).  I checked the in-between builds
>> and one of the changes in v3.6.8 has triggered this error.
>> Is there anyone else with a similar problem?  FWIW, I've also done
>> this under CentOS 5.2 and it also breaks its YUM too.
>> Thanks,
>> Tuan
>> P.S.  Please reply all since I'm not subscribed to the mailing list.
>
> I did a little more debugging with the yum and it's use of python-
> sqlite.  It appears that the database is not corrupt, but rather
> that the database can't be created at all.
>
> The attached CREATE TABLE statements work fine with v3.6.7 and
> before (at least the ones that I've tried).  As of v3.6.8 up through
> v3.6.10, YUM can no longer create these tables.
>
> Did the string "release" suddenly become a keyword?  If so, why?

RELEASE is a command name assocated with SAVEPOINTs.  SAVEPOINT
support was added for version 3.6.8.

The current CVS contains a work-around in the parser.  The next
release (3.6.11) will allow "release" to be used as a column name
without quoting.  See ticket #3590 for details.
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=3590

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com