Should not the GENERAL.ID be enclosed in double quotes?  Or did I misread
the SQL Standard?

-----Original Message-----
From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org]on Behalf Of D. Richard Hipp
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:06 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] SELECT issue with SQLite 3.6.10

On Jan 27, 2009, at 5:24 AM, KurDtE wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Yesterday I upgraded my SQLite version from version 3.5.9 to 3.6.10,
> and I
> now experience an issue while making a SELECT on one of my view :
>
> This query was previously working on version 3.5.9 :
> SELECT [GENERAL.ID] FROM VIEW_GENERAL;
>
> where "GENERAL.ID" is the name of a column in the view.
>
> I now get this error : GENERAL.ID : no such column.
> I think it gets confused with the dot, how to make the query
> understand it
> as column name, and not table name + column name ?
>
> Thanks for help,

This is probably due to a change (many would say a "bug fix") in
version 3.6.0:

"The result column names generated for compound subqueries have been
simplified to show only the name of the column of the original table
and omit the table name. This makes SQLite operate more like other SQL
database engines."

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com