On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:54:45 -0500 (CDT), Tim Mooney
<tim.moo...@ndsu.edu> wrote:

>All-
>
>If this is a FAQ, please point me at the answer.  I've looked in the FAQ,
>skimmed and grepped the archives for this list, read the
>http://www.sqlite.org/testing.html page and others and still don't have
>an answer, so I thought I would pose the question here.
>
>I've been building sqlite from source on various UNIX platforms for quite
>a long time.  I've recently converted to building from the amalgamation
>sources, since that's what the developers recommend.
>
>The old (multi-file) source distribution had a "fulltest" make target
>which allowed me to do at least some verification of the build I had
>performed on the various platforms.
>
>I can't find any test target whatsoever with the amalgamation source.  Is
>there an extra .tar.gz I can download that would add at least some
>rudimentary tests for the version compiled from the amalgamation?

The test suite is not included in the amalgamation source.
The only way to test is with the full source tree.
As far as I know, for some tests, a special SQLite library
is built to inject errors or introduce lower limits.

I think the test suite will never be part of the
amalgamation, because it's purposes are:
- to optimize the resulting library / executable
- to simplify the build process (with default options)

Please feel free to add this to the FAQ.
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteWikiFaq

--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )