Well, Microsoft's Hyper-V is just like VMWare. It allows multiple OS's to be installed and running on one machine at one time. Since sqlite is simply reads/writes to a file, not track/sectors, it should be fine. SQLite won't even know it is running on a virtual.

Marcus Grimm wrote:
Hello List,

I've been asked if my server application will run
in a virtual machine: Microsoft's Hyper-V
I have no idea what this is, nor if it affects sqlite.

My main concern would be if the (essential) file locking
and sync/commit commands will still do the intended job
within a virtual machine.

Any experience with this ?

Thank you in advance.

Marcus Grimm