Hello:

I have about 3000 electronic images that I am preparing to distribute
to my family members.  They use a variety of operating systems, so I
am providing the images on remote hard drives, with the images divided
into folders based on years the images were created.  All images were
obtained via scanning of negatives and slides, and each image has been
keyworded in EXIF format.

What I want is to create a master SQLite database catalog of all the
images, and I have come up with a proposed schema:

TABLE main (all pertinent image data such as date, location in folder,
etc.)
TABLE core_keywords (id, name) --This table would only hold the names
of my immediate family members, each with a corresponding id
TABLE other_keyword (id,name) -- all other keywords

I have thought to create two keyword fields in the main table, one to
hold the ids of the core_keywords (comma separated) and one to hold
the ids of the other_keywords, also comma separated.  What I cannot
devise is an elegant method to SELECT based on the core_keywords to
achieve the following sorts:

1- Find images with a single core_keyword id, that is, only images of
a single person, no other core persons in the image
2- Find images with a specific set of core_keyword ids, such as 1 and
6 or 2 and 5 and 7, etc., with no other core persons in the image

The idea is to create a document with lists of all images that are
exclusive to single individuals, specific pairs, etc., so that family
members can easily find themselves or groups, regardless of image
catalog software they use on their particular systems, which may or
may not be able to perform these types of sorts.

I am not asking anyone to actually write the SELECT statements for me,
but rather point me toward the operands that would achieve my goal.  I
have read through the documentation, and I cannot seem to generate the
logic in my head to SELECT WHERE core_id is only 4.

If anyone has an idea on a more efficient database design, or TABLE
schema, please do not hesitate to proffer your thoughts.  I am hoping
to have it all figured out BEFORE I load up the tables with data.  (I
am actually still scanning images at this stage, but trying to prepare
for the next phase.)

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Craig Smith
cr...@macscripter.net