Christophe Leske <i...@multimedial.de> wrote:
>> You write your own comparison function that would consider these two
>> strings equal. See sqlite3_create_function, sqlite3_create_collation.
>>
> this problem pertains not only to Zürich, but to 24000 other entries,
> so
> I guess that this is no option for me.
> And again, I am using the sqlite3 command line exe and can't compile a
> custom version.

Well, I guess you could store two versions of every city name - the
"correct" version with accents and all, and the "for search" version in
ASCII characters only. Perhaps you would need more than one - say both
Zurich and Zuerich for Zürich - then create a separate table with common
spellings that would be in one-to-many relationship with the table of
cities.

Igor Tandetnik