On Aug 10, 2009, at 3:30 PM, Roger Binns wrote:

> There is a problem in the amalgamation (.tar.gz but not .zip) where
> SQLITE_API is repeated multiple times making the code invalid if
> defined to
> anything. Example:
>
>> SQLITE_API const char sqlite3_version[] = SQLITE_VERSION;
>> SQLITE_API SQLITE_API SQLITE_API SQLITE_API const char
>> *sqlite3_libversion(void);
>> SQLITE_API SQLITE_API SQLITE_API SQLITE_API int
>> sqlite3_libversion_number(void);

The amalgamation has been rebuilt and a new (corrected) version is on
the website.

The underlying problem is that a new SQLITE_API is added to the
sqlite3.h file every time you do "make sqlite3.c".  So if you do that
multiple times without doing "make clean" in between, you get multiple
copies of SQLITE_API.  We'll fix the makefile later.  The present fix
is to do "make clean; make sqlite3.c" before rebuilding the
amalgamation tarball.

D. Richard Hipp
d...@hwaci.com