On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On Thursday 13 August 2009 12:25:39 Hugh Sasse wrote:
> > Well, I've found out why the tests aren't included in the amalgamated
> > version. I think it is because it has taken over 5 hours to run the full
> > test suite on the Solaris9 box I have, and they are not finished yet.  I've
> > not noticed any failures yet though; hopefully I can give a report
> > tomorrow.
>
> the size/length of the testsuite shouldnt have any bearing on including it.
> testsuites exist for a reason.  also, the current situation is that there is
> no *nix release that is "supported" that includes a testsuite.
> -mike

I should have put a :-) in there.  There is a quick test option, which I
didn't use, aiming to report useful results.  But I expect the usual
./configure && make && make check
taking over 5 hours would be a bit of a shock for most people!
It's nice to see several groups with thousands of tests in, though.

        Hugh