From: "Timothy A. Sawyer" <tsaw...@mybowlingdiary.com>
To: "General Discussion of SQLite Database" <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 9:11:32 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Importing data into SQLite

You can use the sqlite binary to import data from a CSV file - if you do it
that way you have to make sure that your data fields in the SQLite database
match exactly in order the data in the CSV file. That's been my experience.
The other way is to do it programmatically (Java, C++, etc). The advantage
of that is you have control over the data import. Though the sqlite binary
does an excellent job of importing data, it might be better to use the
latter option if you want more control over the data. It's not a difficult
job to do.