On 8 Sep 2009, at 1:22am, Kavita Raghunathan wrote:

> I'm using the latest version downloaded last week: amalgamate 3-6-17.
>
> Robert,
> The difference between what you did and what I did was perhaps that
> I had excel make the .csv file, and maybe the excel version had
> something
> to do with it ?
> I'll retry with the exact same steps, and let you know the result.
> Thanks
> for your help!
>
> I was told I should get sqlmaestro or sqlexpert but I'm trying to do
> it without having to spend $100 and it sounds like that is possible.

There is no reason you should have to get a third-party tool just to
import a .csv file.  The tools you have are designed to do it.

Take the file that cause the error and cut it down.  If you take the
first line of the file, does it cause the error ?  if not, if you take
the first 10 lines, do you get an error ?  What about the first 100
lines ?  What about the first 1000 lines ?

Try to find the shorted file that causes this error.  You might be
able to find something short enough that other people can test it for
you and figure out the bug.

Simon.