> A simple rule of thumb is to look at how useful features would be to
> other SQLite users.  Note that you are the only one to have asked for
> this feature and not one other person has agreed with you on its need!
>  The responses have generally been along the lines of suggesting you
> organize your code so that you do not need it.  But even if it was
> added as a debugging aid, do you expect people to compile up two
> versions of SQLite - one with debugging aids on and another with them
> off?  This feature would impose decisions like that on others in
> addition to the future maintenance costs.

You must be very unhappy about current existence of
sqlite3_get_autocommit function, right? You said, by the way: "It is
not needed, if you organize your code well." :D It is the same case!

Question is:
Users can ask SQLite for transaction state. But they cannot ask for
transaction name? First is useful and many users needs it, and second
not? I am surprised.

But never mind, I register your response "no"! Forget it, sorry for
my bothering.

--
Lukas Gebauer.

E-mail: gebau...@mlp.cz