From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of Serdar Genc
Sent: 04 November 2009 09:13
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] in-memory database concept

Yes you are right about it but when I tried to mount a place as tmpfs,
its
type seemed swap just like /tmp.
The speed seems to be same with /tmp. What I need to increase the speed
for
/tmp or another solution for
in-memory database.

Serdar

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Stephan Wehner
<stephanweh...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:51 AM, Serdar Genc <serdar.g...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > The OS that I am implementing this is SunOS and I have already tried
> doing
> > it by creating the file in /tmp but
> > but because of file I/O operations to reach /tmp. The speed of
sqlite is
> > significantly slow (memory is 5 times faster than file system).
Speed of

<stephanweh...@gmail.com

<serdar.g...@gmail.com>

> SQLite. I
Java.
I can
> >> write
> >> new
> >> between

> threads
> >> or
> >>
> >> Can you use a RAM based file system?
> >>
> >>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tmpfs
> >>
> >> Stephan

> >> --
> >> Stephan Wehner
> >>
> >> -> http://stephan.sugarmotor.org (blog and homepage)
> >> -> http://loggingit.com
> >> -> http://www.thrackle.org
> >> -> http://www.buckmaster.ca
> >> -> http://www.trafficlife.com
> >> -> http://stephansmap.org -- http://blog.stephansmap.org
> >

> --
> Stephan Wehner
>
> -> http://stephan.sugarmotor.org (blog and homepage)
> -> http://loggingit.com
> -> http://www.thrackle.org
> -> http://www.buckmaster.ca
> -> http://www.trafficlife.com
> -> http://stephansmap.org -- http://blog.stephansmap.org

www.blackspider.com

Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions Limited

Registered Office 01062438: Park Square, Newton Chambers Road, Thorncliffe
Park, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PH.

Registered Office 02067112: West Service Road, Raynesway, Derby, DE21 7BG.

An agent of Balfour Beatty Group Limited.
Registered Office 101073: 130 Wilton Road, London, SW1V 1LQ.

Place of Registration: Registered in England and Wales

© 2007 Balfour Beatty Power Networks Ltd. trading as Balfour Beatty Utility
Solutions