A few minutes ago I wrote that:

>I think that as a general rule, the "combining" accents should be disregared
>during collation.
>
> etc.

I just read that "collation" page from Unicode.org and it seems to be
completely at odds with what I suggested, e.g. in its insistence that some
sequences of code points are "canonically equivalent."

In light of this fact, I do not see how Unicode can ever really be considered
"collated." And it follows that it cannot be reversed. At least, this is the
case if one follows the advice at Unicode.org.

The "collation" that Unicode.org seems to suggest is basically the invention of
some academics. It does not seem to correspond to any human alphabet. Please,
please correct me if I am wrong on this.

I have never been one of those to just ignore Unicode. But I am starting to see
that it does not really work so well in the real world once one leaves the
realm of  "ASCII-with-zeroes-on-top."