Hi,

if you go on http://www.dict.cc
<http://www.dict.cc>and type "schoen" then it will give you the answers
"schön" ...

I thought that using ICU, I could interrogate my database in the same way.
(I am doing this kind of application for students only)

I am actually learning german and my teacher also confirmed that we could
use "oe" instead of "ö"
even if we don't use it...

Are you sure that ICU does not cover those cases?

Best regards,
Sylvain