Hello,

I am accessing the same database from several threads, each using a
separate connection. Shared cache is not enabled.

When my program has been running for a while, I suddenly get an
SQLITE_CANTOPEN error when I'm trying to open a database connection with
a new thread. The database file, however, is definitively present and
accessible.

At the time of the error, there are probably around 30 threads holding
database connections, and with certainty less than 213.

(213 is the total number of threads that the program has created at that
point, but most of them should have had only a short lifetime, so the
actual number of active connections should be much smaller. I did not
investigate the number of active threads closer, because even 213 active
connection doesn't seem like a critical number to me).

Can someone tell me under which conditions sqlite returns
SQLITE_CANTOPEN, and how I can figure out what problem it encounters
exactly?

Best,

   -Nikolaus