Edzard Pasma <pasm...@concepts.nl> writes:

>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Does "pragma journal_mode=truncate;" make any difference?
>>> Is this on Windows?
>>> Do you have TortoiseSVN installed on the same system?
>>
>> No to all questions, I'm afraid. Seems that my problem is a
>> different one.
>
> Does your application attach at least 20 further databases within
> each of the 15 connections?
> Does it open at least 250 files any other way?
>
> If any yes, then you have too many open files!

No, there is only one database for each connection. The idea with the
open files may still be a good one though, I will look into that. But
why should the limit be 250? On this system I have an ulimit of 1024
open fds, and I guess that on other systems it would at least still be
some power of 2.

Best,

   -Nikolaus