On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Shane Harrelson
<shane.harrel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 7:24 PM, P Kishor <punk.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 6:22 PM, P Kishor <punk.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> for.
>> >>

>> > The links you provided goes back to diagrams. I believe the OP was
>> > asking if there was plain text documentation available. Whether or not
>> > he was asking that, I am wondering... is there plain text
>> > documentation available at all? I mean, where can I see syntax spelled
>> > out like so
>> >
>> > DELETE FROM qualified_table-name WHERE expr
>> >
>> > It used to be available until the docs were migrated to the diagrams.
>> >

>> Here is another way of conveying the problem here. Go to your
>> browser's settings and turn off images. Then try to read the
>> documentation at sqlite.org.
>>

> If you scroll down on on any of the lang_*.html pages, like
>
> http://www.sqlite.org/lang_createtable.html
>
> you'll see text based descriptions of the individual command.
> Even with graphics turned off.
>
> All of the individual pages are referenced from:
>
> http://www.sqlite.org/lang.html
>
> Is that what you mean?

I must be in an alternate universe. So, I have turned off images in my
browser and I am looking at http://www.sqlite.org/lang_delete.html

No matter how much I squint at it, I just cannot see the following
text anywhere on the page that would be the equivalent of the diagram
at http://www.sqlite.org/images/syntax/delete-stmt.gif

DELETE FROM qualified-table-name WHERE expr

If you see the docs at Pg or MySQL, they are in BNF format (I believe
that is what it is called). It is plain text, so it can be parsed,
seen, read aloud, and viewed via lynx (for those who care).

--
Puneet Kishor http://www.punkish.org
Carbon Model http://carbonmodel.org