I am pretty new to Android but not new to programming.

I want to do something that I thought was fairly simple, but can't seem to find
any tutorials anywhere.

Everything I find is about creating a database and a table from within the app
once it starts.

I want to use an existing/already created and loaded SQLite database. It
contains one table.

What I have done thus far is use the SQLite3 cmd line tool to create the db,
the table, and load the table with some records.

[Just to clarify, I am not working in the device, just on my laptop.]

I then created a sub-folder in my Eclipse Android project structure under the
"assets" folder and named it "databases".

Is this the correct place to put a database file?

My bigger question is - how do I get to it?

As a side question, I have successfully worked thru the sqlite db example in
the Hello, Android book starting on p. 170 but can't seem to find the events.db
file anywhere.

Thank you in advance to anyone who would like to help me understand how to work
with an existing database.

-Chris