Roger Binns wrote:

> I'll bet you are actually getting exit(3) which means anything
> registered with atexit will be run.  (SQLite does not register with
> atexit.)

I knew what Nico meant :) just repeated him for expositional clarity
(deeming the distinction to be unimportant for my particular question,
and figuring that most people mean exit(3) when they say exit(2)).

> In my wrapper I provide functionality that can check SQLite objects are
> not being used across processes.
>
> I'd recommend doing something like this

My fork call is from Tcl -- you've convinced me to add a line in the
child unsetting the Tcl variable containing the name of the parent's
database connection.  :)

Your wrapper is nice -- have you considered folding something like it
into the core (disabled by default, enabled by a compile-time flag) and
submitting it to drh for official adoption?

Thanks much to both of you!

Eric

--
Eric A. Smith

More people would come here if it weren't so crowded.
    -- Yogi Berra