Yes, I guess I am trying to figure out which poison to pick :-)
So here is what I need:

1. Lowest possible writes to the NAND.
2. Highest possible database reliability in situations of power
outage/reboots
    since the device is unmonitored.
3. Am ok with losing 2-5 minutes of data as long as 2 is not compromised.

I think keeping temp files in memory is a good idea but i was concerned
as I read at a few places that if  rollback journals are kept in memory then
on power outage
you not only lose the 2 minutes data but can have a corrupt DB in hand as
there
is no journal to lookup to for rollbacks. Is that correct?

It seems WAL with SYNC=NORMAL and SQLITE_TEMP_STORE=3 is the right way
to go as it will always maintain my DB in good state even if I lose 2
minutes of
data.

Thanks all for the quick help,
Pankaj