Thanks Kees, Christian,

SQLSetConnectAttrW(q->hdbc, SQL_ATTR_AUTOCOMMIT,
(SQLPOINTER)SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_OFF, 0);  this is what I already had and I think you
have answered the question with "The SQLite ODBC driver allows only one SQL
statement per SQLExecDirect()", this is the conclusion that I came to.

Kees, your suggestion is exactly what I did, tah is a single statement per
SQLExecDirect( ... ) SQLExecDirect("INSERT INTO t (col1,col2) VALUES
('val11','val21')");

Thanks to both of you for your quick reply, looks like I will have to accept
the way things are, but that's a small price to pay for a very useful database.

Regards

Len