On 12 Nov 2010, at 5:58pm, Prakash Reddy Bande wrote:

> My question: Is it possible to verify if the network drive on which the DB is
> place can be used?

Great question.  Unfortunately LockFile() generally does /not/ work.  If you
want to perform a check there are too many combinations of access methods and
version numbers to use logic.  I can only recommend you write some code that
actually tries to do the locking and checks to see whether it worked.

I have an application which does something similar in a Unix setup.  It
requires that the user runs two test applications at the same time -- either on
the same computer or on two different computers.

Simon.