On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 05:25:43PM -0700, Tom Krehbiel scratched on the wall:

> The documentation for the analyze
> command says they can do a *select *on table *sqlite_stat1 *but when I do a
> select I get an error with 'no such table: sqlite_stat1'.

  Like the table sqlite_sequence (used for AUTOINCREMENT), the
  sqlite_statN tables are not created until they're needed.  You need to
  actually run the ANALYZE command at least once to create the
  sqlite_statN tables.

  Also, there can be more than one.  If SQLite is compiled with the
  SQLITE_ENABLE_STAT2 option, there will also be an sqlite_stat2 table,
  to go along with the sqlite_stat1 table.  In the future there may be
  more.

> I haven't been able to find anything in the documentation that
> indicates how to get at the trigger definition.

  They are in the sqlite_master table, just like everything else.  As
  far as I know, there is no trigger equivilant of PRAGMA table_info()
  or PRAGMA index_info().

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson