Hi Simon, Olaf , Garry,

Great news to you all,now i can able to insert 65k docs in second,
only i had done as per Simon and Garry suggestion
1. i freed the array as per suggestion
2. remove  'cmd.Parameters.Add(myparam) as per Garry suggestion.

*here are summary code :inserting 65k in 4-5 sec*
*
*
//Reading text file 1 in
    yarray2= filetext.Split(Environment.NewLine)
//Reading text file 1 in
    yarray1 = filetext1.Split(Environment.NewLine)

insert:
        Dim tx = cons.BeginTransaction()
        For y = j To x
            Dim strval
            strval = Replace(yarray(y) + vbTab + yarray1(y), "'", "''")
            strval = Replace(strval, vbTab, "','")
            myparam.Value = strval
            cmd.CommandText = "INSERT into " & ticket & " VALUES('" & strval
& "')"
            //////////' REMOVED cmd.Parameters.Add(myparam)
            cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()

        Next
        tx.Commit()
       Array.Clear(yarray, 0, x) ' // FREE ARRAY 1
        Array.Clear(yarray1, 0, x) ' // FREE ARRAY 1
        tx.Dispose()
        j = x + 1
        x = x + 10000
        If x < Frow1 Then
            GoTo insert
        Else
            tx = cons.BeginTransaction()
            Dim m As Integer
            m = x - 10000 + 1
            For y = m To Frow1

                Dim strval
                strval = Replace(yarray(y) + vbTab + yarray1(y), "'", "''")
                strval = Replace(strval, vbTab, "','")
                myparam.Value = strval
                cmd.CommandText = "INSERT into " & ticket & " VALUES('" &
strval & "')"
                'cmd.Parameters.Add(myparam)
                cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
            Next
            tx.Commit()
        End If

Thanks you again guys, many thanks...

Regards,
Alok

On 6 January 2011 21:21, Olaf Schmidt <s...@online.de> wrote:

> "Alok Singh" <aaloksing...@gmail.com> schrieb
> im Newsbeitrag
>
> > yeah that's correct Simon, its in 0.6 sec to insert
> > for 10.5K rows with 20 columns (2 files both
> > having 10.5k rows)
>
> That's the timing I would expect, if you'd have used
> Garrys recommendation (to read in the whole file
> into a String first, and then split the string into an
> Array "InMemory", finally followed by an Insert-
> Transaction, which makes use of this 2D-Array).
>
> That's memory-intensive - but "Ok" (and fast) for Testfiles
> with that RowCount (filesize of  your 10.5K-Rows
> testfiles around 4-6MB I'd guess).
>
> Are you sure, that your replies address the person
> you have in mind ... your previous reply was going to
> Garry - and your last reply here was going to me,
> and "both of us" are not Simon (who is a very helpful
> person on this list, no doubt about that... :-).
>
> Olaf

Thanks
Alok Kumar Singh