Here is the situation. I have one database table "TB_Patient" with the
columns below:

PATIENT_ID
PATIENT_GROUP
FIRSTNAME
LASTNAME
ADDRESS

I want to get PATIENT_ID randomly from certain PATIENT_GROUP.

There are 5 PATIENT_GROUP only with total row in the table is about
10000 (10K).

The number of data per PATIENT_GROUP is not the same. Certain
PATIENT_GROUP has less data than the others.

Do you know the FASTEST possible SQL query for this task?

When there is NO PATIENT_GROUP, I could come up with this query:

SELECT PATIENT_ID FROM TB_Patient WHERE rowid >= (ABS(RANDOM()) %
(SELECT MAX(rowid) FROM TB_Patient)) LIMIT 1

But now, I must get the data from certain PATIENT_GROUP.

What's your best approach to solve this? The objective is the fastest
possible query.

Thanks.

--
Regards,