On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Cecil Westerhof <cldwester...@gmail.com>wrote:

> The problem was a Java problem. I use a preparedStatement and for one
> reason
> or another this went wrong after a little more as 2.000 inserts. I now do a
> new preparedStatement every 1.000 inserts.

Long Live Garbage Collection.

Did you try running reset() on the statement between each insert? Maybe that
would help free up some resources? Interrupting your loop every 1000
iterations is a hacky workaround which might or might not work on any given
machine (maybe on my machine the threshold is 1200 or 700). i would expend
the effort to look for a real solution, rather than relying on something
like that (i can't sleep at night if i know my software might break at any
second due to hacks like that one).

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/