Just a heads-up that we just posted an update to the benchmarks:
- No more superfluous index on the primary key
- WAL turned on with auto-checkpointing every 4096 pages

http://leveldb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/benchmark.html

A diff of the results is here:
http://code.google.com/p/leveldb/source/diff?spec=svn45&r=45&format=side&path=/trunk/doc/benchmark.html&old_path=/trunk/doc/benchmark.html&old=44

A new version of db_bench_sqlite3.cc is also included in the same revision.

As predicted by people here, SQLite shows significant performance
improvements across the board except for large values (which I attribute to
WAL).

We're planning to put together a benchmark that uses 64-bit integers as
keys, rather than 128-bit/16-byte blobs (My understanding is that SQLite
stores 64-bit, not 32-bit integers). I'll post the results to this mailing
list.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Gabor
Product Manager, Google