2011/10/12 Petite Abeille <petite.abei...@gmail.com>

> In any case, you can easily refactor the query into two steps:
>
> (1) First get your pagination
> (2) Then join to your fts

I tried implementing your refactoring, but immediately run into a problem.
The user must be able to sort the data on any of the columns returned.
So 'ORDER
BY table1.rowid DESC' is really a variabele, which could easily be 'ORDER BY
table2.data2 DESC', in which cases the query fails, because .data2 is not
selected in the inner query. And I cannot move 'ORDER BY' into the outer
loop, because else it will only sort the 250 results returned, not the
underlying data.

So the questions remains: why does increasing OFFSET kill performance when
selecting table2.data2 in additation to the columns of table1.