2011/10/12 Igor Tandetnik <itandet...@mvps.org>

> See if this helps: http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ScrollingCursor

Thanks! Very interesting! I already was aware that using a large OFFSET
could potentially be slow, because SQLite internally reads all preceding
rows, and just discards them. But I do my offsets exclusively on rowid, and
it appears there is some optimization taking place, since I can specify very
large offsets, without a change in performance. So I assumed that SQLite is
taking some shortcut when using rowid for OFFSET, and I was only wondering
why this 'shortcut' is disabled when joining a FTS table.

I'm going to implement the method described in the above article, and see if
it makes any differences.