On 30 Oct 2011, at 7:50pm, Abair Heart wrote:

> Searching the archives implies, that "sqlite expert" hasn't been asked
> about.
>
> Has anyone tried it yet?  Is the program safe? time-saving?

Give me the $59 and a Windows computer and I'll check it out.

Simon.

As a long-term fan user of SQLite Expert, I can vouch it's one of the very best if not the best Windows-based SQLite manager. I just can't live without and use it hourly.

The program is not only "safe" (don't know what you meant here) but guaranteed free of any kind of nasties even in its freeware version. It also uninstalls cleanly.

Browse thru the release history and you'll see that the author is highly commited to following both SQLite evolution and what the users require or report. Trust me: Bogdan fixes issues/bugs/requests faster than any open/closed, free/commercial product I know of.

As a disclaimer, I'll add that the author has become a friend over time and discussions about SQLite and Expert matters.

Nevertheless, my opinion is also factual and you can try it without fear. I highly recommend to users getting any seriously into SQLite to consider switching to the paid version, just like what I did years ago. It's easy to see why: say you value your time at, say, $15/hour, it only takes 4 hours saved to start paying back. Given that the rich features it offers save you ample time very quickly, your investment is a winner.

For those not requiring the payware features, try the freeware version, no risk.

Don't ask: this isn't a shameless plug, I constantly stand behind what I say in full honesty.