2011/11/9 Black, Michael (IS) <michael.bla...@ngc.com>

> Hmmm...appears to be the same for this case which, I must say, I find
> surprising.

Thanks for actually benchmarking it. I'm also a bit surprised, because I
always thought SQLite handled INTEGER more efficiently than TEXT.

I also did some new benchmarks on the inserts-slowdown I experience, and to
rule out VirtualBox, I performed them on real hardware, but the results are
the same:

10 secs to create a database with 1 million rows, and 30 secs to add an
additional 10.000 rows, if the database file is un-cached.

Maybe this is normal behaviour, but how can it possibly be that it's faster
to delete the whole database and re-create it, than just adding a
(relatively) small amount of additional rows?