2011/11/9 Black, Michael (IS) <michael.bla...@ngc.com>

> Are you sure you're using BEGIN/COMMIT on your transactions?

Yes

> I just used my benchmark data and inserted another 100,000 rows into the
> database in 2.3 seconds.

That is because you immediately insert those additional rows, after
creating the database. I get the same excellent performance as you when I
do that. But if you make sure the database is not in cache (for example,
reboot the machine), you will see that the additional inserts will take
MUCH longer than to be reasonally expected.

Could you repeat your benchmark, with a reboot between the two transactions?