Michael,
Just looked at my bookshelf. I already own the 2nd Edition of that book. Better get it off the shelf and look at it again and see if it reads better. :)

I ran Vision BBS by Kerry Messana and have version 2.0 here in my cabinet. Here is the link to version 1.0 info.
http://www.zimmers.net/bbs/vibbs.html

  I also ran Omni BBS by a Brian Bell for the C128.
http://www.zimmers.net/bbs/ombbs.html

I did hear of your All American BBS though...and I am sure it was as good or better than most. Just happened to buy mine from a previous sysop of whom I was a member on his BBS.

Small world.
Thanks,
Dave