Anyway to make the new version the default for the sqlite command when executed
from various directories?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Device

Simon Slavin wrote:

On 4 Jan 2012, at 9:43pm, Tilsley, Jerry M. wrote:

> Ok, I'm ending up with two versions of SQLite installed on my system because
> one was install with RPM and the latest is a tarball.  How do I get the
> tarball to overwrite the pre-existing version?

I recommend that you not worry about this.  Various programs which come with
RPM will depend on the version that was installed with RPM.  Leave them alone:
changing the version of SQLite they use might mess them up somehow.  Use the
newer version in your own application but leave RPM alone.

This is the same advice given to Macintosh users who ask about replacing the
version of SQLite used by the OS.

Simon.

Disclaimer****
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of St. Claire Regional Medical
Center. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of the email is strictly prohibited. If you received this
email in error please notify the St. Claire Regional Helpdesk by telephone at
606-783-6565.