Hello List,

i have a perl script and do some selects, inserts, updates to my sqlite-db.
it is a perl script but i use shellcommands (no dbi) and run them by exec for some reasons.

example:
$command="/usr/bin/sqlite3 mydb.db \"select foo from bar;\"";

or:

$command="usr/bin/sqlite3 mydb.db <<EOT
.load /usr/lib/sqlite3/pcre.so
select foo from bar where a regexp b
EOT";

then:

$result=`$command`;

This works great at normal usage.
If i do some extremetests with multipe running scipts i got sometime the message "Error: database is locked" this is no problem for my script because i evaluate the returncode and do the sql-statement up to 10 times if return-code is above 0 but in all cases sqlite outputs this message and i want to avoid this. the script will be later used by more users with same db and i cant ensure that no locking situation occurs. how to suppress this messages? I cant find any kind of --quite or --silent option.

Thanks,
Hajo