On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM, John Elrick <john.elr...@fenestra.com>wrote:

> I've added more tracking to our libraries.  Most queries result in minimal
> (<200 calls) _malloc activity, But I have found several anomalies.  I am
> listing some representatives below.  In the examples below, "step" is the
> operation.  Note also that all queries should have been prepared with
> sqlite3_prepare_v2 before step is invoked.

A few points I forgot to mention:

1. Each of these snapshots are deltas in the values before the operation
and after.  So, using Example 3, the delta in cumulative malloc'd memory
was 459,576 bytes and there were 2,323 calls to _malloc for this call to
sqlite3_step.
2. Each of these is ONE operation, not a cumulative for all executions of
that query
3. Example 3 represents an insert operation.  I should add example values
which would be inserted:

:QUESTIONNAIRE_OID: Integer
:QUESTIONNAIRE_NAME: string 9 characters long
:definition_parent: Integer
:instance_parent: Integer