On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Nico Williams <n...@cryptonector.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:
> > The SQLite byte-code engine was being too conservative and was reparsing
> > the schema in places where it was not strictly necessary.  The fix was to
> > restrict the places where the schema was reparsed to situations that
> really
> > needed it.
>
> This thread has been awesome, gripping reading.  Thanks to both of you
> for sticking with it and figuring it out.

Thank God we're...

a) early with this release cycle
b) in maintenance mode
c) working for a client with deep pockets who recognizes the need for a
solid code base

or I would have been an utter wreck by now.

I have to say this has been a fascinating learning experience.  It has been
enlightening reading the SQLite code and beginning to understand its inner
workings.  I feel significantly more confident in the solidity of our code
base and am very grateful that we chose SQLite as our database years ago.
 I doubt I would have had this much cooperation from the Chief Scientist
with any other product.

John