On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Pavel Ivanov <paiva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Except that 64-bit executable cannot load 32-bit DLL and vice versa.
> I'm not sure how this rule is applied to managed executables and DLLs

On a 64-bit machine managed executables run as 64-bit assemblies (and
thus can only load 64-bit DLLs) unless the 32-bit flag is set in the
assembly.  You can set this flag via Visual Studio's "Platform Target"
option or CorFlags.exe.  I also seem to recall if a 32-bit assembly
launches a managed assembly, it'll be run as a 32-bit process.

This is why I use a custom SQLite DLL.  I compile and ship both 32 bit
and 64 bit versions and load the proper DLL at runtime depending on
how my process has been run.  Sadly, my solution has too many other
custom features to be something I can publish.