On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:42:45PM +0000, Black, Michael (IS) scratched on the
wall:
> But as somebody pointed out if you muck with database from the shell or
> any other program it will die with "function not found" if the trigger
> is called.
>
> Ergo a dummy function to make it happy and non-fatal.

  I must have missed something in the thread, but if the trigger is
  part of the database design, it needs to be there, or it shouldn't be
  there and some other means should be used.

  If you put the function code into a module, it can also be loaded
  by the shell and many programs.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson