On 2 Sep 2012, at 7:56am, J Decker <d3c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the point would be 'and not have concurrancy issues that I'd have to
> solve myself...'

Apache runs one process for each request it's serving [1].  I have multiple
Apache processes -- i.e. multiple web page requests -- accessing the same
database (using the sqlite3 PHP library) at the same time.  I think I noticed a
log last year which showed ten simultaneous processes all within the same
second.  SQLite serialised the requests using locking and everything worked as
designed.  Everyone got an acceptably fast response with no problems.  I wasn't
even using any special compilation options or PRAGMAs.

Simon.

[1] Handwave here.  If you know the details you don't need me to explain them.