I posted this a while ago: http://sqlite.1065341.n5.nabble.com/Loading-Options-from-the-command-line-binary-td12230.html

It's not very obvious.

John wrote:
Hi,

I have several different computers running an AppleScript that queries and
writes to a SQLite3 database located in a shared folder on the network.
Occasionally a "database is locked" error is produced. Is there a way of
sending a .timeout command as if I was working from the shell, in
Command-Line Mode? I understand I can write an error handler which will
accomplish the same thing but I am trying to avoid that option.

property databaseFolder : POSIX path of (path to public folder as text) &
"Databases/"
property databaseName : "myDatabase"
property databasePath : quoted form of (databaseFolder & databaseName astext)
property table1 : "Main"

set xxx to do shell script "sqlite3 " & databasePath & " \"select *
from "& table1 & ";
\""

Thanks.