I understand your points Simon.

Let me explain scenario where I got this disk io error then my database got
corrupted.

My multithreaded application do all read/write operations. For each query,
it opens database connection and execute query then close connection. This
application executes plenty of records within a second. In this scenario,
Application got disk io error within couple of hours with new database.
(even space available on that machine). Application didn't handle this
error. So application continued execution. After that, disk image malformed
errors are thrown by sqlite for some records only. There was no other
errors before disk io error. I suspect, after disk io error only these
errors are introduced.

Any ideas?