Wayne Bradney wrote:
Howard,Thanks for the links - mdb/sqlightning looks interesting.Before I
dive in, however:1. As I understand it, sqlightning is a drop-in replacement
for SQLite.Interop.dll, and I can still use System.Data.SQLite as my
high-level interface?

Right.

2. Is there a compiled release available?

No.

3. How often is sqlightning updated against SQLite? We're at SQLite 3.7.15.2 /
System.Data.SQLite 1.0.84.0 right now

There is no set schedule, basically as interest and demand dictate.

4. Does sqlightning allow lock-free
reads, even against a SQLite memory-backed, shared cache database?

No. But you can get the same effect simply by putting the MDB database onto a RAMdisk.

You are putting programming effort into making your code fast, and this is
costing you (or your employer) programmer time.

For any reasonably useful piece of software, every moment of programmer time
invested in proper coding saves eons of user time. Putting programmer effort
into making correct code fast is always The Right Thing to Do. Software that
delivers the correct answer, late, is still wrong.

--
  -- Howard Chu