Eleytherios Stamatogiannakis wrote:
> right now our VTs do not implement xBestIndex at all

The documentation says:
| The xBestIndex method is required for every virtual table implementation.

If you had no xBestIndex implementation, SQLite would crash.

> so i guess SQLite uses a default value of 0.

I'd guess your xBestIndex function pretends to succeed, but
leaves all the output fields with zero values.

This makes the query planner think that all your indexes have
a cost of zero, which makes it choose some random one.

You *must* return correct information from xBestIndex.

Regards,
Clemens