Warren, when you say "we may be switching the official builds back to Unix
mode soon", you're referring only to the Cygwin builds, correct?  The Win32
versions will still be generated as is?

Personally, I've built a very specific VM to build from the Amalgamation
source, however, I also keep the official DLL kicking around as well.