Hi,

Von: von Simon Slavin
> On 15 Sep 2013, at 11:30pm, john white <drufus2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Oh, there is a location column with this information.  I can do them,
> > one at a time, but that is going to take a LOT of time.  I was hoping
> > there would be a way to select them all and then simply do a find and
> > replace thing.
> >
> > An example would be: "C:\TV\" which should now be '/TV/".  Even better
> > would be to change all the "\" to "/" and then just delete the leading "C:".
>
> Use the SQLite shell tool for one of your platforms, or perhaps write your
> own program to open the databases and execute these two lines.
>
> UPDATE myTable SET location = replace(location, '\', '/') UPDATE myTable SET
> location = replace(location, 'C:', '')
>
> While you're doing that, you might think hard about what'll happen if you
> ever need to use the same database on multiple platforms.  While you're
> designing the changes it might be worth making two different columns, one for
> the location under Windows, and the other for the location under Linux.

I'd prefer to use relative pathes with a normalized '/' or '\' within the
database, and store the base directory somewhere else (or maybe define the
pathes relative to the location of the sqlite database).

Best regards

Markus Schaber

CODESYS(r) a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH

Inspiring Automation Solutions

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Schaber | Product Development Core Technology
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany
Tel. +49-831-54031-979 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

E-Mail: m.scha...@codesys.com | Web: http://www.codesys.com | CODESYS store:
http://store.codesys.com
CODESYS forum: http://forum.codesys.com

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade
register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915