Hi, Clemens,

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 2:12 AM, Clemens Ladisch <clem...@ladisch.de> wrote:

> Igor Korot wrote:
> > what I'm looking for is a way to populate the current_rank and
> > original_rank in the leagueplayers table. They should come up as
> > auto-incremented values.
>
> Autoincrementing works only for INTEGER PRIMARY KEY columns.

Well it will not be defined as auto-increment. Just the values in the
column will be 1,2,3,4 etc.
i.e. incremented by 1 starting from 1 for every single league.

> > Is there a way to do that or I will have to change the query to do a
> > transactional routine?
>
> You could create a temporary table with such a column.

OK.
And then how do I use it?

Basically I'm looking for a way to implement it with the minimal changes to
the code/query....
As I wrote I have INSERT INTO ... SELECT.
Are you saying that I can create a temp table with autoincrement value and
all other data from the SELECT part and then use it for INSERT query?

Thank you.