On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Raheel Gupta <raheel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to search for any docs on this but couldnt.
> This table is going to have 1 Million records and I need to save space
> here.

Any any all storage-related requirements, with the possible exception of
the page size[1], are internal details clients cannot rely upon. Any answer
you'll get here regarding internal details may be invalidated next week,
next month, or even in the next commit made to the sqlite tree.

> Adding an index makes the lookup very fast.

That's a classical case of a trade-off between space and time, and in the
general case more of one automatically implies less of the other.

[1] http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_page_size

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/